Monday, January 17, 2011

Green Machine

So, my videos are currently being uploaded, so I might as well blog to multi-task.  Anyway, here are some pictures of my machine:

Cable management at its finest.

A clean computer is a better-ventilated computer!

That green cathode really makes the room light up.  You can't really see it in this picture, but it is BRIGHT.

View of the back panel.  Still, the green cathode radiates vividly.

View of the front side.  Those green fans look great.

The result of a successfully modded 200mm "Big Boy" fan! :) I'm glad the LEDs I bought matched the colors already in the Antec fans.

View of the side panel.  Cables begone!...for the most part.

And of course, a view of the desktop with the lights on.  It's still fairly bright.

People still ask me though...why green? Why not stay with blue?  

Easy enough. Green is easily my favorite color.  That's my reasoning.  Yes, it did cost me a bit of money and time to successfully make my machine green, and it was definitely worth it!  A lot of people buy this specific case because it's nice, has great airflow, and cable management is great.  I don't like being the same (well most of the time), and so I decided to change the colors.  After seeing many people configure their machines with colors like red or orange, I convinced myself that I would re-design my machine to be green.  And besides, who doesn't like looking at a green machine in the dark? :)

Now I know a lot of you might be wondering...why not do school colors? Burnt orange?  Well, luckily for you, I made a video of what my machine would look like if I had installed such colors:




Anyway, here is my video. Enjoy, and post comments below if you have any questions or comments!



2 comments:

  1. nice Miyagi...I have a couple of old desktop clunkers that I brought back to Austin...about time I get back into the game of modding up a pc
    -Shim Sham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice "mean green machine" setup Mr. Miyagi !!

    ReplyDelete